This week has been fairly uneventful seeing as the break started on Wednesday and I've not been doing a lot since then ^^;. It's been so nice to just kick back and relax a little bit--especially with how crazy school feels the majority of the time ^^;.
I had school on Monday and Tuesday, but BYU is screwed up, so they made Tuesday a Friday, so I had Japanese and physics two days in a row :). It wasn't too bad though :D.
I can't remember what day it was, last Saturday I think, one of my tires got a nail in it and subsequently got flat ^^;. Dan, bless his heart, came over to my apartment and helped me change my tire to my spare so I could gently roll over to a tire store and see if they could repair my tire for me. On my way there, I saw another fence-cup-drawing of some Zelda characters and creatures--probably in honor of the fact that Skyward Sword just came out for the Wii this past week :D.
I thought it was so awesome! They did Metroid characters and Duck Hunt characters before school started--it was so cool to see them do more of this :D. Whoever it is, they're amazing XD!
Anyway, back to my tire story::
My tire was so bald that they highly recommended that I just buy a new one considering winter is pretty much here ^^;. I decided to buy two new tires because the other front tire was pretty much just as bald and I'd rather be safe on the road and have less money than slide and crash into someone on the road and end up more pennyless and possibly injured ^^;.
After that, I'm pretty sure I went over to Dan's house and we played a little bit of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. We're trying to get through that one quickly so that we can move onto Assassin's Creed Revelations.
SO excited to play that game! The trailers were so gorgeous~! I just hope that it lives up to what Ubisoft advertised XD.
On Sunday I went over to my parent's house and spent some time with them. I unfortunately wasn't able to work on any music stuff, but it was nice to just be with my folks and watch shows about Vampires and Machu Picchu :).
Quite the combination, I know :D!! It was entertaining though :).
Monday and Tuesday were school days as I just explained. Tuesday night was awesome :D. I got to go over to my good friend Alison's house and we caught up on what had been happening in each other's lives before playing Heavy Rain, an absolutely awesome game made for the PS3.
The graphics in this game were amazing. The people looked pretty dang realistic if you ask me. Of course there were times when their animation and stuff seemed kind of weird, but that's motion capture for ya ^^;.
This is a close-up of one of the character's eyes. SO crazy how detailed everything was. Super inspirational :).
We had some absolutely yummy apples as we played and were able to beat the game that night :)!! Unfortunately, I forgot that Wednesday morning (even though it was the first day of break), I had to wake up at 4:00 a.m. for work because I'd told my boss I'd be available, so I got about 4 hours of sleep and hobbled off to work that morning. When I got home I passed out for another good 4 hours and woke up around 1:00 p.m. It felt so amazing to sleep though, honestly :D.
Later that day I went over to Dan's and he played Skyrim with his brother Sam while I shaded the most recent page of the Kingdom Hearts comic!!
This is it right here :D. It's been a year since I drew a page of this comic and I can only hope that my skill has improved since then!! Even if it's just the proportions ^^;. I want to kind of retain the old style that I used though--even if it is anime-esque ^^;.
I've decided that I'm going to do my best to do around a page a week, but there's no guarantee with me being so busy with school and the like. Plus my inspiration levels for things like this tend to fluctuate quite often ^^;. I'm going to do my best with it though :).
I decided to spend Thanksgiving with Dan and his family this year because they offered for me to have dinner with them, and I really wanted to stay local this year. It was super enjoyable :D. There was so much good food! I was really hoping that there would have been more veggies for me to chow down on before eating the not-so-good for you stuffing and the like, but unfortunately there wasn't a whole lot of healthy stuff there besides the turkey ^^;. I got my fill--plus some--of the feast and then Dan and I went for a long walk to help settle the food and burn off a couple calories because I was feeling pretty disgusted with myself hahaha.
I took this picture while we were on our walk and it makes me smile every time I see it :')!!! I love us <3~!
I actually tried something new with my hair on Thanksgiving day because I felt like, hey, it's a special occasion, why not dress up a little bit :D? So! I looked around for some easy but awesome updos and actually wanted to do this really cool braid one that I found, but I didn't have any bobby pins, so it would have been practically impossible ^^;.
This is the braided one that I wanted to do. So pretty~! And my hair is long enough now--just didn't have the bobby pins Dx. Oh well :). What I did turned out pretty cool too.
This is what I ended up doing! A Chinese bun with actual chopsticks in my hair :D. Turned out SUPER cool even though I needed bobby pins for this one too and didn't have any. I just used a hairband to help hold it in place and it turned out pretty good :D.
Yesterday, Friday, I decided it would be a good idea to get some homework done so that I don't feel super overwhelmed as the week comes to a close and I was able to get a good deal of Japanese homework done :). I also worked out my arms in the morning and it felt awesome :). Did 4 sets of 12 reps with 15 lb. weights for my biceps, triceps, deltoids (all three parts), and then did some flies for my chest :). Let's just say that I'm definitely sore this morning, but it's always such a good feeling :D. Makes me feel accomplished ^^!
After doing my homework and such I went over to Dan's and drew a little bit of the first page of my Zander x Rae story :)! Took me forever to decide exactly how I wanted to start it up--if I wanted to do hints of the ending before the comic even started or if I wanted to just throw someone into the action of the story. I decided to kind of just throw the person into the beginning of the story because it starts out super intense :D! Wish me luck! I'm going to try to do the comic in color and in Photoshop, much like Sarah Ellerton's Phoenix Requiem like I mentioned in one of my previous entries :D.
I actually finished reading that webcomic yesterday as well and it was super, super good! The ending was a little bitter sweet, but mostly sweet, so I was happy with it ^^.
Anyway, Dan and I laughed and joked a lot about Skyrim yesterday as he was playing it and just enjoyed each other's company. It was awesome :). I plan on being with him again for a while today :)! Not sure what we're going to do, but we always figure something out :).
If you didn't notice, I actually didn't post a lot of pictures of food that I made during the week, so I'm going to splurge and post them all right here!!
Turkey burger with some delicious onion, carrot, and tomatoes :). Tasted. So. Good. Topped it with a little Spike for a little more flavor :).
Scrambled eggs with tofu, green peppers, onion, with turmeric and spike on top. Would definitely recommend using salt instead of Spike for this because it's stronger. Still tasted good though :).
And of course...I had to try something weird, so I made this! What I like to call "protein pudding." It's tofu, chocolate protein powder, peanut butter, and half a frozen banana. I think I used too much tofu though because the chocolate flavor wasn't very strong. It still tasted pretty good though, I have to admit :D!
Ironically enough, this week I haven't really thought of a bunch of things that I've been grateful for, but I remember a couple!
- Sunday:: I was feeling particularly grateful for stories because they can provide such nice ways to escape from every day life, and that's a definite need for me hahaha!
- Monday:: I was feeling incredibly thankful for good showering and drinking water. Water can be so destructive, but it's so crucial for survival! Dan was thankful for indoor plumbing. Even though it can get clogged up every once and a while, it's so convenient and 100% worth the trouble :).
- Tuesday:: I don't know if I actually thought up something for this day, so I'll make one up now :). I'm super thankful for my friends. They sometimes feel like they're sparse, especially since I don't really have time for a social life with school, but I couldn't be more grateful for their existence and their willingness to talk to me and listen to me and just spend time together. I miss the friends that I've lost over the years, but I look forward to the new friends that I'm going to make in my future. I can't wait to meet them, whoever they end up being.
- Wednesday:: I don't think I came up with anything for this day either, but I remember feeling super grateful for the respect of others. Whenever someone respects what you want to do or your opinions on things, etc., it's such a nice feeling. I think that everyone, including myself, could do better at respecting what others want and need for themselves.
- Thursday:: I know I didn't come up with anything on Thursday, as sad as that is...it being Thanksgiving and everything XD XD. I can say that on Thursday I was especially grateful for the generosity I felt. Dan's family offering for me to come over and have dinner with them and then being able to enjoy it with them was an absolutely awesome feeling. They were so willing to share with me what they had and it made me so happy!! So grateful for their generosity!
- Friday:: I know I didn't come up with anything for yesterday either. So I'm going to say that I'm grateful for good habits (because not thinking up things I'm grateful for is a bad habit! xD). What's awesome about habits is the fact that they can be made and they can be broken, which means that good behavior and a good attitude can be made, you just have to practice it for a while and then it'll just become part of who you are :). This can also be said for bad things...so, let's do our best to strive to have good habits :)!
- Saturday:: I haven't thought of anything that I'm grateful for yet this morning, so I'll make one up now :). I'm super grateful for the feeling of inspiration. Some people might not feel what it's like to be inspired and some people might feel inspiration on a constant basis. I'm so grateful to be one of those people who has felt inspiration, even if it's not that often. It's such an empowering feeling and I try to hold onto it for as long as I can. It's just that addicting :)!! Do what you love and you'll probably feel that inspiration :)!
There are so many things to be thankful for--sometimes it just takes a little time, thought, and effort, but it's so worth it :)!!!
Plus! It's been scientifically proven that if you think of something you're thankful for for a few moments every day, you'll have less chances of being depressed or feeling anxious :)!! Something we could all use I think :).
Next week (a.k.a. next post) I'm going to go over my workout routine just for kicks!! It's nothing special, but it keeps me in shape and keeps me healthy. Keep an eye out for it if you're interested :)!
I love you all so much and I hope that this coming week treats you just as well as this last week treated me ;D! <3~!